| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB),
153
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 99 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 99 | I'm installing a dual master cylinder to replace the original single on my '56 GMC 3/4 ton. I remember seeing a post on this years ago, and can't find it. The question is do I put the front wheels on the front reservoir and the rears on the rear? That makes sense to me. Still drums all around.
Well, my time went so quickly, I went lickety-splitly Out to my ol' 55. As I pulled away slowly, Feelin' so holy, God knows, I was feelin' alive..... Tom Waits, Ol' 55
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 | Yes keep the front of the master to the front brakes ,on my 52-3100 the master installed with the front of the master facing to the rear of the truck , I don't know how the master is mounted on a 56 GMC ,I used a 67 C10 master because the 67 had drum drum brakes. You could use a 67 C20 master just check and see if it's drum drum.
Pete | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Actually, the rear port (pedal end) goes to the front brakes, the front port goes to the rear. Granted, with a 4 wheel drum system, it may not make a difference, but on a disk/drum system it does.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Dave, i'm not sure if your M/C is here but this might help. M/C plumbing guide. 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 99 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 99 | Thanks for the tips- it is great to be going out to do a little truck work and have answers appear! The larger reservoir to the front makes sense, esp with discs. These are drums-however I will follow those recs in the off chance I find a way to go to front discs on this old eight lug... This MC is mounted in place of the orig under the floor, so the front is facing to the rear. And of course the speedo cable goes right over the top it because it is longer than stock.
Well, my time went so quickly, I went lickety-splitly Out to my ol' 55. As I pulled away slowly, Feelin' so holy, God knows, I was feelin' alive..... Tom Waits, Ol' 55
| | |
| |
| |