| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,445 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#75026 03/19/2007 7:32 AM | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 21 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 21 | Oly bought this 1941 GMC and he was amazed what rearend it had, would anyone know what year this was produced? Rearend
Times are changing-By Bob Dylan Cindy in Oregon 1945 GMC COE Victory Truck 5ton COE- NOT FOR SALE 1955 Chevy First series 5 window p/u
1947 Antique Husband only series
| | |
#75027 03/19/2007 10:22 AM | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | Never seen one like that before!  | | |
#75028 03/19/2007 4:04 PM | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 | That looks like the same rearend I had in a 1937 1 1/2 ton GMC truck. Is your truck a 1/2 ton or larger? | | |
#75029 03/19/2007 5:08 PM | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Looks like the same one thats in my 1947 coe and 41 chevy. Both 1 1/2 tons. http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/...OE/?action=view¤t=100_1779.jpg Cant see it in this pic but its there. Its a single speed right? I think its geared like 6.17-8.22 depending whether the axles a 2 speed or not... Is this the one he picked up for 50$? | | |
#75030 03/19/2007 11:53 PM | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | rustednuts... COOL I've always wanted a beer truck! | | |
#75031 03/20/2007 7:55 AM | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 21 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 21 | Yes, Rustednuts that's the truck. I was wondering about the embossed GMC design on it. Oly's 45 GMC COE doesn't have the embossed design on it. I had never seen that before, but I sure think it looks cool.
Times are changing-By Bob Dylan Cindy in Oregon 1945 GMC COE Victory Truck 5ton COE- NOT FOR SALE 1955 Chevy First series 5 window p/u
1947 Antique Husband only series
| | |
#75032 03/20/2007 5:03 PM | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 1,867 | Im not sure about the covers or why some have them or dont. My chevy has the plain cover while the jimmy has the cool one, yet the rears are identical except for the brake drums. The gmcs a 47 so I dont know why??? I do know thatll be one of the first parts to be painted! I sure think its cool having the logo on there. Do you have any pics of the 45 coe??? Id love to see some and hear more about it. Jeff | | |
| |
| |