The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (3800GUY, 66flea, 1 invisible), 59 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,572
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
After much searching, I finally located a pair of correct style 3600 emblems for my 1953 3/4 ton. I had them rechromed ($$$) and am ready to install. But the hood has no visible dimples or drill locations. Have no idea why this is, because the truck is pretty much stock in every other way.

Anyhow, can anyone tell me exactly where they should be mounted for a 1953? Thanks!

Harry

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Z
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Harryr,did you look on the inside of the hood? I have a 51 3600.I could take some pictures for you? Let me know,Thanks

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
Thank a lot. I did look, but it is not obvious to me. Maybe the holes or dimples were filled in by someone? So, any help would be very much appreciated.

Harry

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
I saved my 3600 emblems and glad I did. Harry, what did chroming cost you?


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
With this link you should be able to see where the emblem goes.

http://s729.photobucket.com/albums/...RE/?action=view&current=DSC00157.jpg

Last edited by BIG CHEVY 3600; 05/12/2011 10:15 PM.

~Jim
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Hey Harryu, I also have a 1953 3/4 ton 3600 and have had a heck of a time trying to find the correct emblems, let along in good shape. In my profile photos it should show proper placement of the emblem.
good luck

Last edited by cardo gallegos; 05/14/2011 5:18 AM.
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
Thank you very much!

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
I paid $90 for the pair at a junkyard. The chroming shop is a very good one, and they said because it was pot metal is was a lot more labor to prepare them. They charged me $140 for the pair. Ouch!
If this had been an earlier year, there is one companany that does sell 3600 repros. Can't recall which, but I have it somewhere. However, 53 and 54 were different, naturally. A heavier "art deco" design, and I wanted the correct ones. Someday I maight get it back as an investment. Or not. Doesn't matter. I feel good about it.

Harry

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
Thanks, b ut not the right year - yours has the Chevrolet also - the 53-54 just have the 3600. I sort of know where they go, but I thought there would be a dimple or mark inside the hood.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
I would think if the PO filled in the holes he did it with body putty. Grind off around the back side of the hood and see if you can locate the Bondo. Then again your hood might be a different vintage.


~Jim

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0