The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 136 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73872 02/25/2007 5:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
Can a 216 or early 235 manifold be used on a later full pressure 235. I'm not going for high top end performance would the smaller 216 manifold give me better low end tork or would I be starving or leaning out the 235. I have a complete 216 set up with a good Carter w1 I was thinking about using. This whole mess is going in a customized 47 chevy school bus or what left of it.

#73873 02/25/2007 5:32 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
The 216 manifolds will work if you remove the alignment rings as they won't fit in the smaller manifold. Choices are run without rings but use care when aligning or if you're real handy make up 3 stepped rings to hold everything in place.

Curt B.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
#73874 02/25/2007 6:07 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
I guess the 216 manifold could be bored to fit the larger rings might be easier than turning out step rings.

Thanks Tony

#73875 02/25/2007 7:14 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
I use 216 manifolds regulary on 235 conversions. I make adaptor rings that I install in the 235 heads to allow the use of the 216 alignment rings.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
#73876 02/26/2007 2:26 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
Hey Dave how do you make them are they turned on a lathe with two different out side diameters.

#73877 02/26/2007 4:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
Yes I make them on my lathe. They are a very simple ring not steped. I tap them in the head to reduce the ID so the 216 rings fit inside. I can post a picture if needed. I have a piece of water pipe I use that only needs minimal turning to work.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
#73878 02/26/2007 5:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Dave, sounds like a good opportunity to sell a few sets if interested. Heck, I could use a set myself. I like the idea, or is it so simply that even I could do it?? A pic would be nice.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
#73879 02/26/2007 5:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
Don't know if it would work but you might find a muffler shop that would make some,They got them hydrolic tube expanders, ya know?

#73880 02/27/2007 12:51 AM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
Thanks Dave have the lathe just need the water pipe.

#73881 02/27/2007 1:36 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0