The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Napco Man, Gray_Ghost, Phak1, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck), 114 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,242
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#737680 04/09/2011 4:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
Hello,
I would like to set up a bench in my shop for testing and repairing radios. So far I have a cheap multi-tester, a tube tester from an old store (don't know if it works), and an old soldering iron. What else do I need?
Thanks,
Chris

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
Hello again,
The first radio that I would like to test/repair is this 54 car radio that I was not able to get $50 for on Ebay. Item # 200592899471
What should I do first?
Thanks,
Chris

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
For working on radios, it is good to have a multi-meter. What is really helpful is to have one where the impedance on the voltmeter is high. I have a cheap one that has an input impedance of 10 MegOhms. If you can pick one up, a signal generator is very useful. A unit that allows you to generate all the frequencies in the AM band, and the lower IF frequencies of the radios. They usually have a feature where you can turn an internal tone modulator on and off.

To start with your radio, I would replace all the capacitors and then power it up and check the voltages.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0