The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (JW51, KEVINSKI, Joe H, WingWright, 3800GUY, Gdads51), 121 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,255
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#734419 03/29/2011 7:42 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 374
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 374
... and a truck question. See the pic below (yellow circles). On the driver's door there is a hole with no screw in it while the screw is present on the passenger door. Behind the hole on the driver's door there appears to be nothing to hold the screw. What is behind the panel or at least what should be behind the panel/hole? On the same topic, since the screw is missing, where can I pick up clutch head screws to replace it? Thanks!

Missing screw pic

Last edited by Big Tee; 03/29/2011 8:24 PM.

"My tires and tubes are doing fine, but the air is showing through" smile

1946 Chevrolet 1/2-ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I don't have one but I wonder if this is for the armrest.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 374
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 374
Thanks TruckerNix. I wondered the same thing as there is a parallel height screw about 12 inches back toward the seat, but, I believe it would interfere with the inside door 'open' handle and I have not seen one with factory armrests tho anything is possible.


"My tires and tubes are doing fine, but the air is showing through" smile

1946 Chevrolet 1/2-ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 452
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 452
Armrests or handles? I know some vehicles had inner pull-handles (like suitcase handles) that would flop down when not in use. Others had a plastic strap that slid in and out of the end holders, so it would sit flush when not in use, but give some finger space to grab and pull the door closed (possibly saving wear on the latch handles)


Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice)
\'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run.
My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
I just went and looked at my '40 and those are self-tapping screws that secure the inner door panel to the cross brace in the door.
There is a space between the panel and the brace, perhaps the reason it seems nothing is behind the hole.

As for replacing the screw, I'd take one from somewhere else (like
behind the seat) and put a phillips back there!
Hope this helps.

Last edited by 40casey; 04/02/2011 9:56 PM.

1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 54
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 54
I just finished putting my door panels on. Those holes (on my 46 at least) take the same clutch head screws as most of the rest of the interior. They attach to the panel that holds the window regulator and door latch on top, and the lower one attaches to the brace that holds the window bump stop. I assume they are there to keep the door panel from rattling.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0