| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,242 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 374 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 374 | ... and a truck question. See the pic below (yellow circles). On the driver's door there is a hole with no screw in it while the screw is present on the passenger door. Behind the hole on the driver's door there appears to be nothing to hold the screw. What is behind the panel or at least what should be behind the panel/hole? On the same topic, since the screw is missing, where can I pick up clutch head screws to replace it? Thanks! Missing screw pic
Last edited by Big Tee; 03/29/2011 8:24 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I don't have one but I wonder if this is for the armrest. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 374 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 374 | Thanks TruckerNix. I wondered the same thing as there is a parallel height screw about 12 inches back toward the seat, but, I believe it would interfere with the inside door 'open' handle and I have not seen one with factory armrests tho anything is possible. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 452 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 452 | Armrests or handles? I know some vehicles had inner pull-handles (like suitcase handles) that would flop down when not in use. Others had a plastic strap that slid in and out of the end holders, so it would sit flush when not in use, but give some finger space to grab and pull the door closed (possibly saving wear on the latch handles)
Current fleet (subject to change w/o notice) \'49 GMC 3/4-Ton , 60 Austin Healey Frog-eye Sprite (some assembly required), 2011 Dodge Avenger, 2015 Jeep Cherokee. No, they don't all run. My other ride is a (B737)no, (B767)no, A320.... Update... was Embraer E190, now Boeing B787. Knowledge is a wonderful thing, but ignorance means you don't know you can't do something.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | I just went and looked at my '40 and those are self-tapping screws that secure the inner door panel to the cross brace in the door. There is a space between the panel and the brace, perhaps the reason it seems nothing is behind the hole.
As for replacing the screw, I'd take one from somewhere else (like behind the seat) and put a phillips back there! Hope this helps.
Last edited by 40casey; 04/02/2011 9:56 PM.
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 54 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 54 | I just finished putting my door panels on. Those holes (on my 46 at least) take the same clutch head screws as most of the rest of the interior. They attach to the panel that holds the window regulator and door latch on top, and the lower one attaches to the brace that holds the window bump stop. I assume they are there to keep the door panel from rattling. | | |
| |
| |