The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jon G, Otto Skorzeny, lumbersawyer, Nick in Manitou, papas52, RaNfLaS, 1 invisible), 191 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,098
Posts1,056,163
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#735459 04/02/2011 4:08 AM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
Hey fellow stovebolters. I was thinking of doing a video on rebuilding a rochester B carb. I really dont need to do it, But I think it may come in handy for thoughs rebuilding there carb for the first time. Maybe put it in tech tips as a helping hand. What I would like to do is make the video and have you all watch it and say what you may like to see added in. Then I can make a new video with all your tips and tricks as well. Dose this sound like a good Ides to anyone else.

It may be a b or a bc whatever i have just sitting around.

There is not to many people that know how to do such a thing anymore and builders are hard to come by. So this would help many people with a rebuilds.

Thanks guys for your input.


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
Go for it!!

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
That is a cool site. Must have missed it if it was in the tech tips. But I think Ill still make a video using the rochester manual and a B carb from the 50's. But that is still a good site. Ill add the link to my video when I get around to doing it.

Thanks 1958GMCnut


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by GrandpasTruck
Hey fellow stovebolters. I was thinking of doing a video on rebuilding a rochester B carb. I really dont need to do it, But I think it may come in handy for thoughs rebuilding there carb for the first time. Maybe put it in tech tips as a helping hand. What I would like to do is make the video and have you all watch it and say what you may like to see added in. Then I can make a new video with all your tips and tricks as well. Dose this sound like a good Ides to anyone else.

It may be a b or a bc whatever i have just sitting around.

There is not to many people that know how to do such a thing anymore and builders are hard to come by. So this would help many people with a rebuilds.

Thanks guys for your input.

PLEASE do this. I have never rebuilt a carb before, and am about to do so on my 1951. My dad and I can both tell that something is wrong with the rochester on the 216. He told me just to spend the $150 or so on a reman, but instead I bought the $20 kit and a gallon of carb cleaner. But when I opened the kit and saw those tiny marbles, I had second thoughts!

Those pictures are nice, but a video of someone actually talking me through it would be sick!

thanks!


1951 1/2 Ton 216ci 4spd
1955 3/4 Ton NAPCO 235ci 4spd
1959 1/2 Ton stepside 235ci 4spd
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 863


My GMC has a bad case of ship fitters disease!
GMC: Get More Cash...
1958 GMC
1956 Chevy 1500 Hydraulic Dump Truck
1952 Chevy 1700 3-Ton Firetruck

My Webshots photos
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
Ok, I made the videos tonight. Im gonna add some voice over and Ill post it for yall.


1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
Looking forward to it...thanks.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 291
Ok got my videos but I will have to shorten them up and add some voice. But I put them up so you can watch if needed. Also found a better video for tear down then mine. But you be the judge.









1959 Chevy Apache 3100/ 283 TBI / 4L60E

My YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/mikebtte
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 695
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 695
Thanks for this service! I'm quite sure it will help many.

Jerry


1959 Chevy Apache 3200 Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Restoration Journal on Facebook

"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." ~ George Bernard Shaw
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
GrandpasTruck,

Thanks for taking time to make these videos. It's helpful for those of us who don't have much experience rebuilding carbs.

Spot


Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0