The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck, 5cameo8, TUTS 59, Youngin' Tut 59, Gray_Ghost), 93 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,599
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#733862 03/28/2011 3:58 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Is anyone running an s-10 rearend in there 41 to 46 half ton frame?I was wanting to use 55 to 62 pumpkin and use my original housing and axles as I am going back with a t-5 trani,But I have noticed there a lot of s-10 rear ends with low mileage at a fair price.
As always thanks for your advice
Longhorn

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
I have a disc brake rear end from a 2002 4wd S10 Blazer in my 1939. It measured exactly the same width as my stock rear end, which is what I wanted. All I had to do was move the spring perches for installation.


1939 GMC AC-102 Long Bed 1/2-Ton
In the Legacy Stovebolt Gallery
More details in his DITY Bay

1940 Chevy WB Series 1.5-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Measure,Measure,and Measure again.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 64
Alkay3
Could you tell me what gears you are running in your s-10 rear end?
Thanks
Longhorn

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13
I am running a S-10 rear in my 41, you do need the 4x4 rear end. I checked a lot of them for their gear ratios, a lot were 3.73, but some were 3.08. seemed to me the 3.08 gears were in the latter trucks, with the 4.3 motors. At least that's the way it seemed to me. I used the 3.73 in mine, w/ a T-5, and 261, works great.


That's good, tighten it up till it strips, then back it off a quarter turn!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 129
Longhorn, Mine is a 3.42 ratio. This with the 270 engine and T5 transmission seems to work well.


1939 GMC AC-102 Long Bed 1/2-Ton
In the Legacy Stovebolt Gallery
More details in his DITY Bay

1940 Chevy WB Series 1.5-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0