| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (1946chevytruck, Gdads51, 55shaker, Swami29, Otto Skorzeny, 3800GUY, tclederman),
97
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,604 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 22 | I'm looking for a custome rear end for my 46 pickup any reccommendations?
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 129 | It depends on how much power you are going to put to it and your wheel/tire combo. I am using a 2000 4x4 Blazer rear end. It is the exact same width as the stock rear end out of my '39 (I am using stock size wheels/tires), it has disc brakes and comes in a 3.42 or 3.73 gear ratio. They will not take a built V8, but work good with a mild 6. I cut off the stock spring perches and welded on the correct size in the correct location for my springs. I had Moser Engineering weld and redrill the brake rotors and axles for the 6-lug pattern. If you will be using non-stock wheels the rear end matches up well with the 5-lug disc brake conversions, as it has the standard 5x4-3/4" lug pattern used on most mid sized GM cars. | | |
| |
| |