| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
89
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 | Ok I am in a quarry and need some advice. I found a rust free cab from a friend of the family. The quandary is that I have a rebuildable cab with the main floor and can corners needing replaced. All of which is doable. However the price of the rust free cab comes in to close what the cost of the new cab is. To some it is a duh statement. I look at my cab and think of it as a learning experience. however it saves me a lot of time. The new cab I can have blasted and be in paint. The old cab I already purchased replacement doors ( used) and have what I need but the replacement panels. What to do what to do.
52 Chevy 1/2 ton - work in progress 65 Mustang coupe - work not in progress  67 Mustang GT convertibile 67 Camaro RS/SS We are now even with fords and chevys. Now i need a mopar. Hahahahahahahahaha
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | If you got the bucks to spare, buy the rust free cab and sell off the parts you don't need. You could end up making money on the deal if you account for all the time and consumables that it will take to fix the rust bucket. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | I have been fixing old jalopies for almost 50 years. You are better off starting with the best cab possible. If you look closely at the "rust free" cab you will probably find enough to do on it to have a learning experience. Just getting the doors to fit right will be an experience. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 | Darn apple auto correction. Well if I buy the other cab I have almost enough stuff to build two trucks. I do have two complete drive trains. All I would need is a frame and suspension. I already know where I can get those.
52 Chevy 1/2 ton - work in progress 65 Mustang coupe - work not in progress  67 Mustang GT convertibile 67 Camaro RS/SS We are now even with fords and chevys. Now i need a mopar. Hahahahahahahahaha
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Well if I buy the other cab I have almost enough stuff to build two trucks. I do have two complete drive trains. All I would need is a frame and suspension. I already know where I can get those. There's your answer. Build two trucks!  | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 | My parent's are going to crap their pants. LOL Since all of it is currently stored at their house. LOL Sucks being in a subdivision with deed restrictions. ALso with a 2 car garage filled with... wait for it.. CARS!!! <sigh>
52 Chevy 1/2 ton - work in progress 65 Mustang coupe - work not in progress  67 Mustang GT convertibile 67 Camaro RS/SS We are now even with fords and chevys. Now i need a mopar. Hahahahahahahahaha
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 | Whatever you do Z make sure you document everything for those of us who need as much visual aid as possible while working on our projects.
Allan ----- 1951 GMC 1/2-ton Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 | I started a blog on the project. Once i have it formatted the way i want with some pictures i will post it up in my signature. i am bad about getting things done without "documenting" how it did them. LOL
52 Chevy 1/2 ton - work in progress 65 Mustang coupe - work not in progress  67 Mustang GT convertibile 67 Camaro RS/SS We are now even with fords and chevys. Now i need a mopar. Hahahahahahahahaha
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 85 | Got more pictures and it simply is not worth the money being asked for it. I factored in some of the other parts that frankly are worse than what I have seen in a salvage yard. Lol. Unless the price goes down it is not worth it. So here is to researching replacing the floorpan.
52 Chevy 1/2 ton - work in progress 65 Mustang coupe - work not in progress  67 Mustang GT convertibile 67 Camaro RS/SS We are now even with fords and chevys. Now i need a mopar. Hahahahahahahahaha
| | |
| |
| |