The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
They are supposed to be straight, right? How bout the tie rod?

I just got an axle that I was going to have blasted, and it looks as if someone has bent it in the shape of a bow, with the middle being arched about an inch forward and the eyes about an inch back. Is this correct???

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
NO, it should be straight.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I still have a big 1 1/2 ton axle if you can use it

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
Greg, are there any legibile numbers on that axle I could reference?

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Sounds like someone hit a boulder.

Isn't MOR-DROP near you? Maybe they have a stock axle you can get cheap.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,517
Mor-Drop is in Oakland,ca. I bought my 4" drop from him,that guy has a hell of a shop. Old time blacksmith,,its really cool to see how he does it.
If i remember correctly, the axle and new king pins fit in it,,400.00 more or less.
I'll be buying another one from him for my other '54.
Marty

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 49
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 49
You know what? I questioned this myself with my front axle on my 1940 1/2 ton, because my axle is also bowed towards the front. I placed a straight edge along the centres of the kingpin holes, and measured from the straight edge to the u-bolt holes. Both sides measured up so close to each other that I am only going to assume that this is the way it should be and I am going to work with what I have. I also checked my axle over very closely and I could not find any visible mark or ding where it may have smacked anything.

Brian

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
I'm pretty certain that it is not factory. I never noticed that on another axle. I think it is the result of an allignment shop.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0