| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (TUTS 59, 55shaker),
74
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,685 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 23 | I did a search for this and didn't turn up any results so sorry if this is a repeat.
What pressure reading should a 1954 235 have? I've had my truck put up the last couple of months while I put the new suspension in. While test driving the new ride, I looked over all the gauges and the oil pressure looked low. Granted, it's not pin point accurate on the old 54 gauges but the needle was slightly below the mid point. Closer to the 1/4 point. Thoughts? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | Since they don't have hydraulic lifters any pressure that keeps them from knocking/rattling/or squeeking is enough. The rockers usually starve first so pull the cover and see if oil oozes (it never squirts) off the rockers. If it does, drive it.
Evan
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | I am some what guessing but 30-35 at start up and 20-25 as the oil thins out and about 10 when idling.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | Most of the 235s I have seen run 30 on the highway and idle at 15, when warm. As bearing clearances open up with wear over time, the pressure will drop.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 23 | | | |
| |
| |