The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MickeyP, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, Nick in Manitou), 102 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 34
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 34
I read somewhere that it is on top of a horizontal rib of the pumpkin. (carrier) I got out the scraper and wire brush but didn't see anything. There is a little ribbed area just above the filler plug, but I didn't see anything there either. Can someone point me in the right direction? (1946 1 1/2 ton single speed rear)
Thanks.


46 Chevy 1 1/2 ton
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
I couldn't find mine on a '40 until I had it out and in the shop. Once it was down to clean metal it showed up just below the top rib. Not a very strong imprint and hard to find. One coat of paint and it was gone...

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

There is some information on this page. It looks like the 1.5 ton truck would have the code in a different locatiion from the codes on 1-ton (3800) and smaller trucks.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 34
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 34
dmart,
You say just below the top rib was it on the side, instead of facing up? Was yours on the driver's or passenger's side?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.



46 Chevy 1 1/2 ton

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0