The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
How can I identify which series Eaton posi I have? It came out of a 65 C10. Thanks

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
I called a driveline shop and they gave me the measurements. Stand the carrier on a bench with the ring gear flange up. A series 3 is 1.7" from bench to top of flange where the ring gear mounts. A series 4 is 1.945".

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
I have tried to find out this info for some time, but no luck. My biggest question is, did the factory put 3:73 gears in a 4 series carrier? I have seen info in books that show only 3:73 and up were posi?

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 319
I have 3.73 and it's not posi.

cm


If you can't fix it with a hammer and screwdriver, you need a bigger hammer.
1965 Chevy C10
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
They made them in single legs, yes, but did they ever install from the factory a3:55 - 3:08 or any thing lower than a 3:73 in a posi? You can get aftermarket 3:73 gears that fit a 4 series posi unit for this rearend, but I think from the factory the 3:73 and 4 series gears all used the same posi section. Does this make sense, or am I all messed up?


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0