The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Still At It, 3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
I have installed the wind shield on my 55 3100 2nd series. I figured the wind shield install would be harder then installing the back glass. I was wrong about that idea. The wind shield went in pretty easy. But the back glass is a real pita. I have ruined a gasket already trying to do the install. Does anyone have any tips on the back glass install? It is a small glass not the big glass. My wife has been helping me and she is about ready to kill me. Thanks for any help (and saving my life)

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
Wow, I am impressed. That windshield sounds like a pretty tricky install.

Jockbolter50 is a professional in the auto glass industry. He gave us this tech article about glass install in general. Does it help for your 55 2nd?
https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...;Main=90610&Number=632843#Post632843

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 303
Great link thanks, I see what I did wrong now. When we installed the wind shield glass I had put the gasket around the wind shield first then set it into the pinch weld. With the back glass you set the gasket in on the pinch weld then set the glass into the seal. Thanks again for the help and link. Now I have to order a new gasket and get the glass in.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0