The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 49
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 49
I've got a need! Does anyone know who rebuilds starters and generators? I've got good cores that need some love so they can once again grace my spare parts shelf.

Guess what? It is a COLD COLD COLD job to lie on a frozen concrete floor and change a starter. Ask me how I know!!!!

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 388
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 388
Arlington Aremetures in VA will rebuild the generators.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
How close are you to Mechanicsville? We have an Amish community that does great work at a very (surprisingly) fair price. I have used Wenger's for my starter and generator. Do not have the number with me today, but if you can consider Southern MD, then I will dig up a number.
HB


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 49
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by Hambone
How close are you to Mechanicsville? We have an Amish community that does great work at a very (surprisingly) fair price. I have used Wenger's for my starter and generator. Do not have the number with me today, but if you can consider Southern MD, then I will dig up a number.
HB
I am ALWAYS happy to put my hard earned $$ in the hands of honest workers not to mention a nice road trip. Bring it. Thanks.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
I will dig up the number. When/if you come down, you will have to stop by the Stovebolt HQ. I am out of town today, but will be able to produce the business card on Sat.


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,729
Hambone, et al,

Wengers Electrical Service can be reached at 301-373-5162. I've had several generators, starters and alternators rebuilt there and they do very nice work and take a great deal of pride in their work, too. They even refinish the cases so the whole thing looks factory new.

It's about 2 miles (by road, about 1/2 miles straight through the woods ... wink ) from Stovebolt HQ. Too Tall -- if you stop by, there's even some Hambone Beer left in the shop fridge smile Be advised, though -- They close at Noon on Saturday.

How's the week HB?? Mom and Todd said they waved to you on the New Jersey TP but you must not have seen them ...

Regards,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,144
Pasco on the eastern shore rebuilds starters etc. When I destroyed one for the 54 they said parts and labor would be about the same as rebuilt shelf unit.$185 for six volt starter.... I will add it's a pretty ride down to Southern Md. and good company when you get there.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Too tall,

I guess John has me covered on the Wenger's contact. They did my started and generator to brandnew standards right down to the delco tag.
John,
Yes the beer. Hope to stop by this weekend and roll the cab and trade some stories over that beer. Skied the boys tails off today. They are crying in the racks. They are not yet able to keep up with the old guy.
HB


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0