| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 43 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 43 | got no heat or ac switch in my 62 at the moment but thinking on an under-dash unit. I see alot about the vintage air units, but tryin to get some ideas if there is anything else out there of the sort. Anyone know how well these things perform or if there are other options?
62' GMC SWB Fleetside
Why can't we just go back to the designs from when cars were unique and didn't all look the same?
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | I got mine from, www.olddogstreetrods.com for 54 and it works just fine.
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | My buddy bought a underdash heat/AC unit, works just fine & was reasonable. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I wasted money on a unit from Hot Rod Air. Avoid them. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 43 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 43 | 64fleetside, what company did your buddy go through to get a heat/AC combo unit? What I have been finding is either one or the other.
62' GMC SWB Fleetside
Why can't we just go back to the designs from when cars were unique and didn't all look the same?
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | I'll ask him-it's a pretty neat unit-look like any other underdash A/C but heats also. I know he got a lot of stuff from Speedway. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 2,384 | My buddy sez his underdash heat/AC is from Speedway. | | |
| |
| |