| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,459 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 3 | Hi, I am restoring/customizing a 1965 chevy C10 and recently my headlights stopped working. The brights worked but the regular headlights do not so I tried replacing the floor switch. No good.. I am trying now to replace the headlight switch to see if that will fix the problem but I can't find a way to get the damned thing off. I see that you unscrew something but I cannot figure out how to get the silver cover that the knob goes into, off. Anyone have any info on this? I would really appreciate it.  | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | On the backside of the factory headlight switch, you will find a small push-button. With the button pushed, turn the knob and pull the shaft out of the switch assembly. With the knob & shaft out, unscrew the chrome bezel nut. I hope this information is helpful and good luck. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | most chevy headlamp switches have a little button on the side of the switch (behind the dash) that you push and then you pull the knob and rod assy out, turn the locking screw cover off and the switch will then drop down....\hope this helps.... | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 3 | Thanks guys! I appreciate the quick responses. How do you get the bezel nut off though? (sorry, this is my first rodeo  ) It is just flat with dents around the middle where the rod goes in. I tried to turn it here but I am just messing it up. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | A flat screw driver works, in a pinch, but I made one, by notching a wide blade chisel, to fit the recessed slots, in the bezel nut, due to the number of the bezel nuts, I mess with. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 3 | Awesome!! That will work perfectly, thanks!  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 39 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 39 | Well that answers the question I was going to ask about the switches on my '66. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 36 | Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how replacing the headlight switch is going to fix your hesdlight problem. You've got power to your dimmer switch bacause your high beams are working. The dimmer simply switches the power from high to low. I'd be looking elsewhere for the problem. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | maybe 2 burnt out low beams? | | |
| |
| |