The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wheelie, Hugh63c10, Hawkman, UtahYork), 85 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,482
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
My new project. I posted this in DITY gallery:

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh206/sfeldma/1954%20Chevrolet%203100%20Panel%20Truck/

Full story:

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=713048#Post713048

How hard is it to adapt PU rear fenders to panel? I was reading other posts and it seems the panel fender are different than the PU. I'd like to buy some new repro PU fenders and cut/weld them to work for panel. Has anyone done this and have templates?

Last edited by sfeldma; 01/19/2011 12:46 AM.

1954 Chevy 3100
"Jagrolet
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on my website
1953 f100 w/ v8
1953 f250 w/ v8
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Welcome to the bolt' wave

The curvature of the panel fenders and the truck fenders are quite different and in my opinion would look odd. Fiberglass fenders are available and with a little work, they look undetectable when painted and installed. Don't toss that fender, I have fixed one just about as bad as yours. If you don't want to fix it, it could always be used as a patch panel.

Do you have more pictures of the panel?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
Thanks for the tips on the fender Gmoniz.

I'll get more pictures soon...going to give it a bath today and start digging through all the parts in back. I saw an extra set of turn signals sitting on the drivers seat.



1954 Chevy 3100
"Jagrolet
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on my website
1953 f100 w/ v8
1953 f250 w/ v8
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27


1954 Chevy 3100
"Jagrolet
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on my website
1953 f100 w/ v8
1953 f250 w/ v8
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
PM Sent.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 27
Spent most of the day removing all the parts and junk from the panel and then sweeping it out. I uploaded new picture of the interior and the pile of stuff that was inside.

http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh206/sfeldma/1954%20Chevrolet%203100%20Panel%20Truck/

We made two piles actually. First pile was everything we recognized as parts from AD truck/panel. Second pile was everything else. It was about a 50/50 split between the piles, so I got some good parts to work with or trade. I not sure what to do with the other pile. Anyone need a drive shaft from a '69 olds 442? smile All kinds of random stuff was in there. The drive shaft was marked, but most is a mystery right now.

The floor was in really good shape and the inside walls look very good. A few dings on the inner rear fenders. The bucket seats are cool. Pretty much shot on the business side.

I would say the truck raised three inches with all that junk out. I peeked underneath and the rear springs have this funky overload spring that fits on top of the axle and under the frame at the high point. It's hard to describe; not sure if it's stock or aftermarket. The gas tank looks newer and my dad remembers the seller mentioning it was replaced. The front end is real tight. No play at all in the steering. The seller said he had new oversized king pins put in and they must have tightened up the other steering components.



1954 Chevy 3100
"Jagrolet
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on my website
1953 f100 w/ v8
1953 f250 w/ v8
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I had those same helper springs that you describe. I took them out, not needed for what I will be doing with the panel.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
sfeldma, welcome to the world of panels and burbs. As you can see there is quite a following here.....including me! In fact, your pictures take me back about 5 years ago


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
T
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 320
Like Alvin says, the pictures remind me also of when I brough my panel home. No moss such as you, but a heavy layer of dirt and stuff. Inside was tons of machine parts, but no spare parts to work or trade with. As far as fenders, I was not able to find any that were better than what I had, so I ended up going with fiberglass as well. Keep us posted on your progress.

Ned


1951 Chevy 1-Ton Panel
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Pictures of the restoration on Photobucket
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
RIP good friend.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0