| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Where do the soft rubber seals go on the rear barn doors? Truck is a 1953 1/2 ton panel. Also, I can't seem to figure out the windlace, does my truck even need windlace? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 95 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 95 | 53, I put them around the doors themselves and down the stationary door.Get you 2 tubes of 3M weatherstrip and some tape to help hold stuff still.Put glue on both surfaces and let it set a few miniutes.You will have to be creative at the top and bottom to make a good seal in the middle.You don't need the widelace.The rubber you need is slitly smaller than the side doors and shaped like a tooth laying sideways.I can email photos.Hope this helps.
Sully
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Thanks Sully, I just finished doing the cab doors. They had a steel retainer strip along the bottom of the doors. I was wondering if the rear doors also had this strip. About the windlace, I have no channel for it to slide into for the front doors. Alan Horvath has an excellent page on doing this, but the channels don't exist on my cab. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Leo, sent you some pics of the channel around the front doors. I forgot to shoot a pic of my back doors. Oh, I did not have and do not see any place for a "retainer strip" on the back doors. I just put the weatherstripping on the edge of the rear doors like the front. You will know which is right when you put the rear door strips on. I was personally unsure about how to do it on the bottom and top corner of the left rear door so maybe you will need to take a good look at it before doing it. The right door is a breeze. | | |
| |
| |