| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (TUTS 59, 1 invisible),
89
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 117 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 117 | Hello I am doing a frame off on a 46 1/2 ton and live in Canada and to save money on shipping I was just woundering if anyone could recommend a parts supplier ie: Filling Station, Bow Tie, Jim Carter, etc. that has the best overall products that I could just order all my parts from one source. The parts I require are things like engine gasket set. complete truck rubber, wheel bearings, master cylinder, Thx | | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 15 | try oldcarcentre.com-ChevyPickupCatalogue.pdf in canada | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,082 | classic parts, LMC, brothers, etc.... they have all treated me good. got any pics of your project ?
leonard | | | | | Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 153 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 153 | Sometimes the answer for the choice of suppliers depends on the part you need. Some are stronger/weaker in different categories.
I have not used them all yet but based on my limited experience I like Chevs of the 40's the most and Jim Carter the least.
I hope this helps. Richard 1946 Chevy Half Ton ('56 235, '86 T5, '79 Camaro Z28 rear end, working on the '85 Jaguar XJ6 IFS) 1976 Margay Panther X, MC91B | | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 166 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 166 | i like Chevs of the 40s & Filling Station best. I use Jim Carter when the others don't carry or have the part I need in stock. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | The Oldcarcarecenre seems to be listed as having parts for 47 to 72 trucks.
For the mechanical stuff like gaskets and maybe brake parts, I would suggest the local auto parts store. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 | since the Canadian dollar is so strong buying here makes sense.In Langley,BC is The Old Car Centre,and HotRod Corner,in Penhold Alberta is Scott's Super Trucks | | |
| |
| |