The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,357
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#712380 01/16/2011 6:20 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 117
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 117
Hello I am doing a frame off on a 46 1/2 ton and live in Canada and to save money on shipping I was just woundering if anyone could recommend a parts supplier ie: Filling Station, Bow Tie, Jim Carter, etc. that has the best overall products that I could just order all my parts from one source. The parts I require are things like engine gasket set. complete truck rubber, wheel bearings, master cylinder, Thx

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
try oldcarcentre.com-ChevyPickupCatalogue.pdf in canada

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,082
classic parts, LMC, brothers, etc....
they have all treated me good.
got any pics of your project ?

leonard


1957 Chevy 3100 1/2-Ton
Photobucket pictures
In the Gallery
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 153
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 153
Sometimes the answer for the choice of suppliers depends on the part you need. Some are stronger/weaker in different categories.

I have not used them all yet but based on my limited experience I like Chevs of the 40's the most and Jim Carter the least.

I hope this helps. Richard


1946 Chevy Half Ton
('56 235, '86 T5, '79 Camaro Z28 rear end, working on the '85 Jaguar XJ6 IFS)
1976 Margay Panther X, MC91B

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 166
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 166
i like Chevs of the 40s & Filling Station best. I use Jim Carter when the others don't carry or have the part I need in stock.


1937 Chevy pickup
In the Gallery
1952 MGTD
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
The Oldcarcarecenre seems to be listed as having parts for 47 to 72 trucks.

For the mechanical stuff like gaskets and maybe brake parts, I would suggest the local auto parts store.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
since the Canadian dollar is so strong buying here makes sense.In Langley,BC is The Old Car Centre,and HotRod Corner,in Penhold Alberta is Scott's Super Trucks


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0