The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (49nut, ShopRag, Youngin' Tut 59, Bills Auto Works, TexasA&M48Truck, Napco Man), 140 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,681
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Hello All, I have a 1937 1/2 ton. I need some ideas for wheel/tire size and back set. Here's what I have.
1. M-II front end Manual steering
2. 1977 Firebird/camaro rear
I want the rear tires to fit inside the fenders with 2" clearance. I'd like the fronts to be smaller than the rears because of the manual steering. I'm open to old school Cragar Mags
Thank you,
Al

Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I have 275/40 tires on 17" wheels all around on my '40. I think your fenders are about the same size ? Lots of clearance on front / tight on rear - maybe 1" from inner fender lip, and 1" from side of box. Sorry - not sure of backset on wheels. I had a local tireshop who specializes in hotrods recommend sizing - they even test mounted a wheel/tire for me to have a look. Wheels are American racing Torquer 2 style.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 66
Wow! Those look really nice.
Thank you'
Al

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,228
I use standard off set rear 15 X 7 wheels with 235/75R15 radials. I also used 2" wider rear fenders so I didn't have to mess with the narrow fender to bed clearance.

On the front I have 15 x 4 rims with a 205/75 tire.

Send me your e-mail address and I can send over better pictures of the fenders if you would like to see them.

Joe


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0