| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE),
132
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2001 Posts: 199 | Anyone put mono leaf springs on a 55-59 1/2 ton? If so, does it effect the weight carring capacity? Do the springs make it ride much better? Thanks in advance Shane | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 206 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 206 | I don't have a TF truck, but did put monoleafs on my '51 AD GMC. I honestly can't tell much difference in the ride, but the old springs had been rebuilt and gas shocks installed, so there wasn't a very good basis for comparison. There is very little arch in this kind of spring. They are almost flat even with no load in the bed. This is why they will lower the rear up to 4" depending on how worn out your old springs are.
As for load capacity, I have hauled a fully dressed 261 (I would guess about 700 lb) with no ill effects. Since the single leaf is thinner at each end than in the middle, the leaves went almost completely flat, but didn't change the ride height much if any. I was careful not to hit any RR tracks or potholes. Whether the monoleafs would hold up under repeated heavy hauling I can't say. For occasional use they seem fine. | | |
| |
| |