| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (GDW, Gdads51, Shaffer's1950, Peggy M, MNSmith, FishinToms53, NAPCOStormTrpr, Jon G, Otto Skorzeny),
116
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,455 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 17 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2010 Posts: 17 | Has anyone seen or know of where I can buy, borrow or 'steal' the adjusting tools for the Hydramatic tranny? Or does anyone know how to adjust the bands without them? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 1,299 | There were two band adjustment tools as I recall, An inner band adjusting tool which was pretty much a distance guage, and the external band adjusting tool which was pretty much a rotation counter. I believe that the instructions called for setting the engine idle, turning the band adjuster to tighten until the engine dropped a certain number of RPMs and then turning them back a set number according to the counter. There was also another tool used that screwed in and adjustment was made until the tool collar just started to spin. I have most of the tools but as they seem to have quit showing up for sale, I am hesitant to loan them out. I think someone gave Bill Hanlon http://talk.classicparts.com/member.php?u=2120 as being willing to rent his out but requires a deposit before he will ship them. http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/booklets/5430smindex.html
Last edited by Greg_H; 01/08/2011 5:19 AM.
| | |
| |
| |