The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (RdsLessTaken, TUTS 59, Jay R, Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, Phak1, 1 invisible), 99 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,430
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#708396 01/03/2011 3:51 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
Has anyone seen or know of where I can buy, borrow or 'steal' the adjusting tools for the Hydramatic tranny? Or does anyone know how to adjust the bands without them?

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
There were two band adjustment tools as I recall, An inner band adjusting tool which was pretty much a distance guage, and the external band adjusting tool which was pretty much a rotation counter. I believe that the instructions called for setting the engine idle, turning the band adjuster to tighten until the engine dropped a certain number of RPMs and then turning them back a set number according to the counter. There was also another tool used that screwed in and adjustment was made until the tool collar just started to spin. I have most of the tools but as they seem to have quit showing up for sale, I am hesitant to loan them out. I think someone gave Bill Hanlon http://talk.classicparts.com/member.php?u=2120 as being willing to rent his out but requires a deposit before he will ship them. http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/booklets/5430smindex.html

Last edited by Greg_H; 01/08/2011 5:19 AM.

Moderated by  MNSmith 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0