The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (RLB, Patina 54), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,426
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#705668 12/22/2010 10:38 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 220
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 220
Thanks to everyone who provided their opinion on the '59 Apache that I asked about. It's now in one bay of my garage, and the bed is in another.

One thing I noticed...the truck comes with brand new bed wood and metal strips. The bed wood looks to be ash, and it's properly milled for the metal strips, but it's only about 1/2" thick...Is that the correct thickness? Seems a bit thin to me, but this is my first experience with these trucks.

I'm sure that I'm going to have a LOT of questions in the next few weeks...

Thanks...

Chris

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Y
'Bolter
'Bolter
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Most questions can be answered by using the search feature here on the site. I'd suggest obtaining a shop manual for your truck, you'll find it very helpful. As far as the bed wood goes, if it fits? The important part of owning an old truck is learning as much as you can about the mechanics and construction of that vehicle. Just my 2cents.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 105
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 105
Learning everything you can about your truck is key. Infact, today I learned that you must put the short screws in the proper places on the timing chain cover, or you will have a mysterious oil leak that looks like an oil pan leak!

I've reffered to my shop manual countless times, its my bible.


1958 Chevy Apache Fleetside/235/3 sp
Pictures at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=317454&id=855355703&l=0a0f773195
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Barsteel?
Have you got a digital camera? Post some before pics. We are curious as to what this 59' looks like. pix


~Jim
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 220
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 220
Big -

I've been busting my tail on the truck for the past week getting the bed ready to put back on the truck...sanding the surface rust, buying more parts, painting, etc. I have to replace the cab corners before I put bed back on, but as soon as I get the bed on, I will post pics.

Chris


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0