| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (RdsLessTaken, TUTS 59, Jay R, Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, Phak1, 1 invisible),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 220 | Thanks to everyone who provided their opinion on the '59 Apache that I asked about. It's now in one bay of my garage, and the bed is in another.
One thing I noticed...the truck comes with brand new bed wood and metal strips. The bed wood looks to be ash, and it's properly milled for the metal strips, but it's only about 1/2" thick...Is that the correct thickness? Seems a bit thin to me, but this is my first experience with these trucks.
I'm sure that I'm going to have a LOT of questions in the next few weeks...
Thanks...
Chris | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | Most questions can be answered by using the search feature here on the site. I'd suggest obtaining a shop manual for your truck, you'll find it very helpful. As far as the bed wood goes, if it fits? The important part of owning an old truck is learning as much as you can about the mechanics and construction of that vehicle. Just my 2cents. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 105 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 105 | Learning everything you can about your truck is key. Infact, today I learned that you must put the short screws in the proper places on the timing chain cover, or you will have a mysterious oil leak that looks like an oil pan leak!
I've reffered to my shop manual countless times, its my bible. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Barsteel? Have you got a digital camera? Post some before pics. We are curious as to what this 59' looks like. 
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 220 | Big -
I've been busting my tail on the truck for the past week getting the bed ready to put back on the truck...sanding the surface rust, buying more parts, painting, etc. I have to replace the cab corners before I put bed back on, but as soon as I get the bed on, I will post pics.
Chris | | |
| |
| |