The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, tclederman, walter74, LAROKE), 133 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,332
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70283 12/18/2006 11:27 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
P
Junior Member
Junior Member
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3
Hi,

I am new and considering a 62 C10 and I think I would want a 5 speed. Has anyone done this in this year range? I have read the posts about the swaps in the older trucks and I was hoping that on the 60's vintage trucks it might be a little more straight forward. Thanks! Paul.

#70284 12/19/2006 2:26 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
Z
Member
Member
Z Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 613
if its a 235 go up to the search and type in 235 t5 also try www.chevytalk.com .i think the t5 will bolt to your bellhousing if you drill out two holes.

#70285 12/19/2006 10:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
It,s pretty much the same swap in all of them. You have an open drive shaft so you will not have to change rear ends. I like to get a universal crossmember & put it under the trans. Some just let it hang out like the original but that long aluminum case is not meant for that.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
#70286 12/20/2006 1:27 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 248
I would venture to say that there have probably been hundreds of T-5's put into 60-66 trucks. Almost any old truck site you look at has info on this swap...this particular site being by far the best of course. I have one in a '63 and love it.


Daily Driver 63 C-10 LWB Fleetside

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0