| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 | Goofy problem with the horn. This is an Ididit tilt column with the Ididit adapter and a Lecarra wheel. I cant get the horn to blow with the adapter assembled to the steering shaft. With the horn button assembled to the adapter the horn will not blow when the button is depressed. If I touch the horn pigtail to the steering shaft the horn will blow, same if I touch the retaining nut that holds the steering wheel/adapter to the shaft. Using a meter I have 12V @ the pigtail so I think the problem lies somewhere in the adapter and not down lower in the column. The Ididit adapter I think is made of stainless steel. It is not magnetic. I have gone through the Ididit instructions to no avail. The ohmeter will not show continuity through the adapter. I have never seen stainless that was not electrically conductive so this has me stumped. Any ideas, suggestions, criticisms?
Weeds | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 272 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 272 | Be sure you have continuty between the ring and shaft. You have an open circuit that is not grounded. Check to see if there is a plastic shim or something not allowing the completion.
Brad | | |
| |
| |