The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Tronman), 60 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,310
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Y
New Guy
New Guy
Y Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Anyone have any feedback on them? I have a 57, and got the kit.But am having fitment issues. 350engine/tranny. Tranny hits frame crossmember,can't lower rear of trans enough to fit the new crossmember.Also,the engine must drop about an inch to line uo with new engine mount,which would compound the tranny problem even more.Hope this makes sense. Called CPP,which is where the kit came from, but they weren't any help. Any other decent fitting conversion kits available?

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 21
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 21
I have a 59 short bed with a 383 small block and a Art Carr 400 tranny with a Gear Vendor overdrive. The front engine mount will fit in the frame channel straight across and the tranny has about a 4" drop from the frame channel.


1940 Chevy 1 1/2 ton, 1959 Chevy 1/2 ton, 1966 Chevy C20.

I can explain it to you but I can't help you understand it.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Y
New Guy
New Guy
Y Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Did your tranny hit the frame crossmember?

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 21
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 21
I am so sorry that I did not tell you, but you must remove the crossmember. Note the you will need to weld the tubular pipe to the tie downs and then bolt to the frame.


1940 Chevy 1 1/2 ton, 1959 Chevy 1/2 ton, 1966 Chevy C20.

I can explain it to you but I can't help you understand it.
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Y
New Guy
New Guy
Y Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by handtight
I am so sorry that I did not tell you, but you must remove the crossmember. Note the you will need to weld the tubular pipe to the tie downs and then bolt to the frame.
Excellent. Thanks for checking in!

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 194
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 194
Removal of that cross member may require cutting it into. On my 58 I could not get it out in one piece.
Make sure everything is where you want it before you weld. drill a hole through the tubular pipe and tie downs and put in a bolt to keep everything aligned as you bolt it to the frame.
When it all fits do the welding.


1954 Chevy Half-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Shutterfly
More pix on Photobucket

1958 Chevy 1/2-Ton Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

<> + <> + <> + <> + <>
"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~~ OLD FROG

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0