The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,180
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
I am putting a 1954 235 on a 1954 frame. I do not have any of the original mounts or hardware. I bought new rubber mounts. Question #1 is the front rubber mount supposed to be flexable or rigid? It is all rubber with two metal inserts where the engine bolts go through. I no there is a metal cover but am I missing more pieces.
Question #2 On the rear mounts what size are the metal spacers that go between the upper and lower mount? What size are the stock bolts supposed to be? Thanks in advanced and hope I didn't miss the answer in the search section.
Thanks Jason

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
The front mount should be the same on 47-54 with a 216 or 235.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Here are some pictures of the parts you need for the front mount toward the bottom of the page.
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/under_hood&page=all

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
Thanks a ton Denny! Looks like I am missing three pieces instead of one. The two pieces don't look like they should be to hard to make.
Thanks again Jason

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Walang ano man Jason.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0