| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,260 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 119 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 119 | Hello All! I am replacing the rear coil springs on my 62 C10. Here is my question...many vendors (LMC and others) will list stock rear springs for 63 - 66. Others will list stock rear springs for 60 - 66. Will 63 - 66 springs fit a 62? A little advice will help. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 24 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 24 | I ordered my rear springs from Classic Parts of America for my 63 C10. This is the description from the website. 1960-72 Coil Springs Rear pn 74-481. These are the stock height and they fit right in to my 63. I would assume yours is no different. Hope this was helpful, good luck. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 403 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 403 | My rear springs were heaver than the stock springs on the C-10. I understand that some C-20's had coils in the back too they were bigger in diamiter than on the the stock spring C-10's. By that I mean the coil thickness these are 7/8" where the stock is 3/4". 62Blue Don
62Blue 62Chevy in progress You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | All of the '60-'66 Chevy light-duty trucks (C10 & C20), had trailing arms/coil springs rear suspension assemblies. The GMC trucks of the same years, had leaves, as standard equipment, in the rear. The 1/2 ton front & rear coils are lighter than the 3/4 ton front & rear coils. The torsion bar front suspension systems in '60-'62, did not have coils on the front. Perhaps the vendors acknowledge this when providing the description for the rears? I believe the 1/2 ton rear coils are interchangeable from '60-'66. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 | My rear springs were heaver than the stock springs on the C-10. I understand that some C-20's had coils in the back too they were bigger in diamiter than on the the stock spring C-10's. By that I mean the coil thickness these are 7/8" where the stock is 3/4". 62Blue Don The springs I received from CPP were 5/8" in diameter. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Lighter than original, indeed. I believe NAPA still carries the front and rear replacement coils for the '60-'66 Chevy light-duty trucks. | | |
| |
| |