The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Charles in CA, mick53, Gray_Ghost, BC59, klhansen), 168 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#67920 10/28/2006 4:41 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
Has anyone ever purchased a pre-fabed dual exhaust for their dual Fentons coming out of a 235? Southern California?
Patrick's dual SS is questionable for delivery this year, maybe never?
How bout a set of pipe from the manifold that would allow a selection of mufflers?
What has been the best diameter for flow and Hp?

#67921 10/28/2006 6:33 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
My Fenton's are on a 248 GMC, I am using 2 1/2" from the headers to the mufflers and 2 1/4" tailpipes. Stainless is multi expensive, only seems like a good thing for show type vehicles, regular aluminized steel lasts many years.

#67922 10/28/2006 11:38 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
Rattletrap, to expand our previous conversation. I COULD have spent $700 - $900. at another shop getting the pipes mandrel bent and stainless. Patricks doesn't offer a setup for my truck. I opted for the aluminized steel to save a few bucks. Any decent muffler shop can route your pipes anyway you want and it is usually the least expensive way to go depending on shop rates and material. Mine have already been cut off and welded back on in one section to install my custom fabbed overdrive mount. I was glad I hadn't spent a ton yet. I'm restorodding my truck one step at a time and use it between projects. This winter will be the motor(261 caddy stroker and that ball is rolling), next winter will be suspension/brakes/rear end. And that pretty much takes care of the mechanicals as the tranny, wheels, cooling and electrical have been done already. Then in 3 years I will dissassemble the whole things and paint and powdercoat what hasn't been done from the frame up and reassemble. The last 3 steps will be the interior, new wood bed, and THEN I will pay the big bucks to get mandrel bent stainless pipes. But I have at least 3 years till then at my pace. Also, I have 2" pipes from header to tailpipe. My current 235 is running GREAT right now with terrific sound. I will be using the same Patricks muffler for the 261. It has a lifetime warranty.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]
#67923 10/29/2006 6:21 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
At this point in my restoration, I'm very close to starting the old guy up. But need the exhaust for that part of it. Yes I could tow it down to a shop and have it fitted. And i'll probably do that. But it would have been nice to get something ready to bolt on and not go through the hassle of tranporting.

#67924 10/29/2006 11:00 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
Why transport? I drove mine to the shop running straight out the headers. About 3 miles. What a BLAST. I cop passed the other way and didn't even look at me. Of course, I wasn't revving it either. It's not too loud when your not getting on it. It's no louder than an old harley anyway.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]
#67925 10/31/2006 2:13 AM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
That could be fine, but I think if the same cop passed sportin NO body; he might not take his eye off me.
I really want to get this thing started and run thru the gears so that I know the engine runs, the transmission shifts and the rear end drives the wheels. The whole drive line was rebuilt. Now is the time to remove a major component BEFORE the 15K body goes on. I can just see the engine dragging across the fender with a cherry picker. eek

#67926 11/03/2006 3:48 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
"But it would have been nice to get something ready to bolt on and not go through the hassle of tranporting."

I don't know what tranporting means but if you want to order a fairly priced system that will bolt right onto your Fentons, contact Jim Carter http://www.oldchevytrucks.com


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
#67927 11/04/2006 4:51 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 351
Thanks Mike.
I have a non-running body-less rolling chassis. So would have to tow. It's doable though.
Could not find "system' on Carter's site. Called but closed on weekends. Will try Monday.
If I can get bolt on headers for manifold, that would be a plus. I could then get the mating flange welded on to the Flowmaster Delta 50 that I have so that my neighbors don't have a tissy fit on fire up.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0