The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shade Baby, Steelonsteel, Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, cmayna), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677456 09/12/2010 11:35 PM
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
I know the color of the steering wheel and column were a light grey and not the same as the rest of the cab color. Anyone know a rattle can color that is close to the original. I hate to buy a quart of auto paint just to do such small job. Would like a pic of an original AD cab/dash if anyone has one. Thanks

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

What year A-D cab/dash? Interior colors changed between 47-55.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 30
47 Half ton. My entire cab including the wheel was painted some 25 years ago the metallic gray we found to be original to 47. I would like to paint my column and wheel the lighter color as original if I can make it a fairly easy fix.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 795
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 795
Interesting topic. I have a recent active post under INTERIORS like this one. I have a '48 Chevy 1/2 ton p.u. and want to do a similar paint job. It was suggested that Rust-oleum Protective Enamel in Anodized Bronze be used--can someone verify that this is correct?


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0