| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (JW51, Gdads51, dt235sd, Gray_Ghost, Woodcmiami, Shaffer's1950, Nick in Manitou, 3 invisible),
71
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,372 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 30 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 30 | I know the color of the steering wheel and column were a light grey and not the same as the rest of the cab color. Anyone know a rattle can color that is close to the original. I hate to buy a quart of auto paint just to do such small job. Would like a pic of an original AD cab/dash if anyone has one. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | What year A-D cab/dash? Interior colors changed between 47-55.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 30 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 30 | 47 Half ton. My entire cab including the wheel was painted some 25 years ago the metallic gray we found to be original to 47. I would like to paint my column and wheel the lighter color as original if I can make it a fairly easy fix. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 794 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 794 | Interesting topic. I have a recent active post under INTERIORS like this one. I have a '48 Chevy 1/2 ton p.u. and want to do a similar paint job. It was suggested that Rust-oleum Protective Enamel in Anodized Bronze be used--can someone verify that this is correct? | | |
| |
| |