The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (walter74, Southerntruck, Jon G, Peggy M, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,417
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#676352 09/07/2010 9:49 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
Hi guys today I found a possible solution for my problem with the rear drum of my 1952 3/4ton. A local foundry.
The manager told me that they make the new one with the old one as sample. Have anybody experience in this matter? I want hear something before to proceed.
Thanks,
Alfonso

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
How about these ?


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
thanks Steve, but I´m not from USA and the $200 will be $400 in my country.In the foundry will cost $125 each
Alfonso

Last edited by alfonso; 09/07/2010 10:31 PM.
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
As long as You can trust the outfit and than have the inside turned to spec.thats all a drum is is a casting.

Pete

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
Ok, if I decide to make them, somebody can help me with the inside diameter(thinking that I have to turned according to the original measurements)
alfonso

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Jim Carter has them for @$150 (still expensive)

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I bought new drums front and rear for the 1/2 Ton Huck setup from Jim Carter. The originals had a cast drum and a steel mounting disc. They were pressed together somehow. The new ones were all cast so the disc was thicker.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
Thanks Tim, It represent $300 here. I´m still considering the foundry, but they going to ask me the inside diameter like the new one! any idea?
thanks
Alfonso

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Here are the specs for the 1951: Brake Specs I believe your front drums will be 11" and the inside diameter at exact standard will be 11.000". The reason I mentioned above about the new drums I bought being cast is because the mounting disc is thicker and that sets the whole drum to the outside a bit. In my case they compensated for this.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0