The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Mike B, klhansen, TUTS 59, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, Peggy M), 103 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,123
Posts1,056,653
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#674317 08/31/2010 4:42 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 46
I'm now a new 2 week owner of a barn find 1951 GMC 100 pickup. It's all there, solid, hasn't been run in 26 years (although I think it will as is) I'm excited to start on the project. And, of course, that's why I'm here, to learn, to pick your brain, and never afraid to ask questions.

Barry


1951 GMC 3 window 100
1951 GMC 5 window 100
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Barry, welcome from Scotland.
You've completed the first step, you're here!
This site is simply the best source of info,parts and advice.
Glad you could join us.
P.S. Don't forget some pics of your new toy.....
Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome!! Yes we love to see pictures of barn fresh. They are so interesting. Please link some pix. Good Luck!

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 55
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 55
Welcome Berry - you found the right place to help your project. Pics please


Brian
Slinger, WI
'37 3/4 ton (grandpa)
'11 3/4 ton (grandson)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/4xMv20nIhYF_AUPgEkRiFQ?feat=directlink
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Barry, what are your plans for it? Swap out the engine for a V8 or keep the stovebolt six in her?

Good luck, Leo

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 46
Hi all,

If someone could tell me how to link up pics, I have plenty to show. 1953 Panel, I'm thinking of a V8 small block but I'm going to have a fight on my hands with my wife and son. they want me to restore to original. While I respect their opinion, I ultimately end up doing the work! LOL. I'm still thinking it out. this fell into my hands quickly and, hate to rub it in, the truck was free!


1951 GMC 3 window 100
1951 GMC 5 window 100
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0