The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#667882 08/05/2010 11:53 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
I bought a "new" gas gauge on ebay for my 1962 C10. It was an exact match to the one already in the truck which constantly flips between empty and full. I installed it turned on the ignition and fried my wiring harness from the gauge to the steering column before I realized what was happening. I need a gas gauge solution or to fix this one. I guess a wiring diagram would help. Any thoughts? The plug that fits onto this gauge is L shaped you can't plug it in wrong, unless I inverted the terminals by accident. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Last edited by TexasTim; 08/05/2010 11:53 AM.
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 96
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 96
Check for a short in the wiring harness, that is probably what fried the first one.


66 GMC SWB
65 Chevy LWB
65 GMC SWB

918-446-2245
Kieth #668056 08/05/2010 11:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 76
sometimes we do these things to our selves and wonder why. when working on the gauges it is important to completely remove the pair from the truck so you can be sure to keep the terminals centered and not ground one of them out by accident. how would I know this? in your case and mine we didn't want to remove the oil line. oops curt


1965 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside
4 Wheel Drive K1445


In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 3
Here is a link to a wiring diagram for this truck.

http://www.64moneypit.pages.qpg.com/6066chevytrucks/id37.html

I found a new harness at American Autowire for $58.00

http://shop.americanautowire.com/62chevrolettruckdashinstrumentclusterharness2.aspx


Last edited by TexasTim; 08/07/2010 12:09 PM.
TexasTim #670078 08/13/2010 11:55 AM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 47
Good info and good thread!


1962 C-10 Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

ADHD and luvin' it

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0