| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Bill Hanlon, 3B, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop),
112
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,304 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 3 | I bought a "new" gas gauge on ebay for my 1962 C10. It was an exact match to the one already in the truck which constantly flips between empty and full. I installed it turned on the ignition and fried my wiring harness from the gauge to the steering column before I realized what was happening. I need a gas gauge solution or to fix this one. I guess a wiring diagram would help. Any thoughts? The plug that fits onto this gauge is L shaped you can't plug it in wrong, unless I inverted the terminals by accident. Thanks in advance for your comments.
Last edited by TexasTim; 08/05/2010 11:53 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 96 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 96 | Check for a short in the wiring harness, that is probably what fried the first one.
66 GMC SWB 65 Chevy LWB 65 GMC SWB
918-446-2245
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 76 | sometimes we do these things to our selves and wonder why. when working on the gauges it is important to completely remove the pair from the truck so you can be sure to keep the terminals centered and not ground one of them out by accident. how would I know this? in your case and mine we didn't want to remove the oil line. oops curt | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 3 |
Last edited by TexasTim; 08/07/2010 12:09 PM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 47 | Good info and good thread! | | |
| |
| |