The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
Here is some pictures of a fully restored 1957 Burban at the Back to the 50's Car Show in MN 2010.
Back To the 50's Car Show

Last edited by 57Sub3100; 08/11/2010 6:56 AM.

My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
"fully restored"?? with a big bolt grille, a 55/6 hood, 70's wheel & tilt column, automatic, digital gauges, and car side trim? and that's just what's visible

not restored, but a decent custom rodded burb wink

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
And funky pedals? cool ride. sort of.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 51
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 51
Would be a big hit on the Jalopy Journal. I clicked, thinking there was finally going to be a photo stock restored one!
Oh well.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
And it has the rare tilt steering wheel and fake Navajo upholstery.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Seriously, thanks for posting it, we are just messin with sasquatch here. Don't mean to be mean.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

That "fake Navaho" upholstery might just be a newer version of GM accessory seat covers available in earlier years?

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
I think it has a nice stance, look, and sound. Not a fan of the red rims, but to each their-own. I hope that my suburban can look somewhat like this one. I have different plans, but it is a nice mental starting point for me..... I start my frame swap next month!! WooT!


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 21
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 21
I kinda like the Car Side Trim. Do you have an idea what it came from?


Burb'r
--------------------------------
CHARACTER, The Only Building Project You Never Finish.
--------------------------------
1955 2nd Series Chevy Suburban
(2) Modern Vehicles that get me around
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
the side trim is painted on, i am not sure what vehicle it is meant to be from.....


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 21
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by 57Sub3100
the side trim is painted on, i am not sure what vehicle it is meant to be from.....


Thanks 57Sub3100,

It looked painted on to me but your post made me think it was trim from something else. I like the look and may use it on my 55 Burb.


Burb'r
--------------------------------
CHARACTER, The Only Building Project You Never Finish.
--------------------------------
1955 2nd Series Chevy Suburban
(2) Modern Vehicles that get me around
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
5
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
Jack of all trades and a Master of None!
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 104
You are very welcome. The owner had just finished getting it put together the night before those pictures, I have to call him about some parts so i will ask him what the trim is from and let you know.


My57Suburban

This is the slickest swap I have seen for trucks
EZChassisSwap.com
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
I really didn't like the red wheels,but I looked again,and I like it.I think it has a beautiful paint job on it.The grille could be changed easily and I would put a different steering wheel on it.I love that color.

Thanks,Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0