| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,468 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2010 Posts: 26 | Just introducing myself to the 3800 crowd. Picked up a '50 3800 dually with a straight body and engine still turns, just need to get a battery setup. I know I don't have much knowledge and hope to learn as much as I can from you all.
Todd
1950 3800 dually
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Welcome to the Stovebolt and the Tons of Fun crowd in particular!
We'll be as much help as we can.
A tip to get better faster responses: When posting a question think first about how general the question is. If you are asking about your motor Tons of Fun won't get you as many readers as posting in the Engine and Driveline shop will, though the motors are the same so the answers are likely to come faster.
On the other hand, if the question has anything to do with the 8-lug parts of the truck, this is probably the best place to ask.
I grew up in the Boise area and have a real hankering to visit again soon. Probably won't happen soon, but when the time comes maybe you'll let me look at your truck.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 235 | Welcome! I recently acquired a 50 3800 as well! This place is a wealth of information. This section is really really helpful tech tips WHen ever I have a question I look there. Hopefully you don't distract easily though....  it'll suck you in! Keep us posted on your progress! Jeremy | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 | welcome and congrats. the 3800s are the way to go, and the dually's are definately special
| | |
| |
| |