These were conversions done by an outside factory for GM. Typically they were used by the railroads and lumber ops. As far as production numbers, who knows for sure. Really, how manyt trucks could a small company convert in a years time? 10? 100? 300? Seems like a lot. Maybe there were 2 or 3 companies that did it. So maybe 1000 trucks a year? Still seems like an awfully big number. WAGuess- probably 150 trucks a year would be high. But there sure aren't a heck of a lot of them left. As far as a frame goes, I suggest that you measure the wheelbase of your truck and let us know. It APPEARS to me me that a standard 60-66 longbed was used which would be 127 inches. I think that a 88-98 ext cab is 131 inches but you'll have to do your research. I think you could make that work with an axle relocation or a frame shortening. Just guessing.
Last edited by k10; 07/16/2010 2:54 PM.