The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (PAUL Berardi, Jon G, JW51), 98 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,131
Posts1,056,373
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#663785 07/20/2010 3:48 AM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
I'm looking to buy a new complete bed. Oak with polished stainless and all the bolts.I live buy the Ocean/major salt.I've been buying products from Brothers. Who is the best company for a new bed and what kind of finish do you Bolters recomend. this is my first bed replacement, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Brett

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 334
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 334
Mar-K makes excellant beds and bed parts. They are made in the U.S. They often have specials advertised here, and are a member of this forum.
Samantha


1954 Chevy 3100
Picked from the Field
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
I have not bought one lately but I have followed post along this line for sometime. RIght now it seems without a doubt that Mar-K has the BEST. I have heard nothing but Good things about the quality of their AMERICAN made products. This include the metal, the wood, the actual fit of the parts.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will post but this is my observations over a period of time. Yes, they are a little pricey compared to the cheap stuff but from what I read its well worth it many times!! I think they do have free shipping on a complete system. There is a link to their site and they also respond to questions in the "bed section forum".
Good luck. Let us know what you decide and the final outcome.

EDIT: for a review of finisies you need to read up on Mar-K's recommendations as they have conducted a several test and see what the findings are.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 07/20/2010 4:00 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 132
Thanks,I've looked at Mar-Ks site looks like quality stuff. Glad to see they are made in the US, as I alway try to buy from American Co.s Brett


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0