The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, jmoore, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Ponchogl), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,209
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#657581 06/26/2010 9:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
Picked this up a few months ago. I was looking for something cool to haul my gasser project and thought that an old suburban would be about as cool as they come, especially for functionality. I bought it up in Michigan, but it is a Wyoming car. Even came with a Wyoming title, that had a un-discharged lien....I've had a blast with titling here in Ohio, let me tell you.

The thing is pretty solid for the most part. Lots and lots of dents and dings. There wasn't too much through rust, but I knew that had I just mudded the lowers I'd be in trouble. Cut one out to start mying my own panels, 5 inches of trapped wet sand came pouring out from behind the panel. Lucking the inside rockers look pretty solid. In any event, it came with seats. I think I might be missing a row though. I definitely have the front and it's either the back row or middle row seat.

It has a 12-bolt rearend and I'm installing a freshly built SBC and TH-400 transmission. Also doing a power steering conversion. Hoping to make it daily driver quality. I have a lot of bodywork ahead of me (my least favorite thing to do).

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/hotrodderguy/1959%20Suburban/008.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/hotrodderguy/1959%20Suburban/002-5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/hotrodderguy/1959%20Suburban/001-2.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by trump; 06/26/2010 9:44 PM.
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 51
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 51
Anyone else able to open these pictures? tried 2 different days.

??

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
Yes they all opened for me with firefox.


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0