The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (MaxStewart, dunfire), 129 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
8-19.5 Premium Traction Grip:
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn232/HURSTSSAMX69/Tires/8-195PremiumTractionGrip.jpg[/img]

If you have 2 decent tires that will match these 4 to make a set of 6 please let me know . . .


Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
they don't have to be 100% the same tread just simulair is close enough and if they aren't the pretties looking but have some tread on them i can always stuff them on the inner duels where they won't be as visible . . . but they gotta be an 8-19.5

show tires only they will be mounted on polished alloy wheels and put on for the show and then after show the radials will go right back so these will see little no driving time so if ya got decent tread but a few crack's and they hold air with or without a tube they'll work . . .

the 4 tires pictured above are "8-19.5 Premium Traction Grip" all the side walls say . . .

Goodyear also made a simulair tire call the "Custom Extra grip" & the custom extra grip himiler"


Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
Nobody has two 8-19.5's laying around ?

Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Originally Posted by 379MV6GMC-K3000
Nobody has two 8-19.5's laying around ?

Mike
Have you tried a wanted add in the swap meet section? one there may get more traffic.
I probably have a pair of Goodyear 8-19.5 tires laying around, but they are normal straight tread and I don't think they will help you.

What I don't understand is why you want old, or even really old, used tires for "show"?
Assuming you have roadworthy tires you run everyday, which sounds like you do, then I'd just run them everyday; shows included.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
I agree on trying a wanted ad in the swap meet. This is probably one of the lowest traffic parts of the Stovebolt and possibly the group most likely to want to keep any 19.5 tires they do have...

Some of the people who frequent the swap meet are just looking for opportunity to to connect someone with parts and may be paying attention to where various things are even if they don't have them personally.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
I have some 245/70R19.5's i drive the truck on these day's i just want the Correct 8-19.5's for the show set as those were the tire it had new . . .

Kind of like the muscle car guy's running G60's & N50's for show and driving around with 235's/60's and 295/50's for cruising/Commuting . . . Its all an appearance thing I guess . . .

The 245's run a bit shorter in hight, they also make the truck look like i swapped up to 19.5's fro ??.? wheels instead of it actually being a 19.5 truck and the 245's have to be Recapped to get an Aggressive enough tread for my usage of truck when being worked . . . Even the Recapped tire aren't as aggressive as Biasply Traction and Grip tires, which they still make in a 7.50-16 & 7.00-15 as well as an 8-17.5 but no 19.5's headscratch

Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Originally Posted by 379MV6GMC-K3000
Its all an appearance thing I guess . . .
I'm comfortable I understand what you are trying to achieve.

A few years ago I bought a set of Cragar mags off craigslist that had some barely used but very old bias ply tires on them.

The muscle car guy who later got the tires from me nearly cried when he saw them. I had only kept them because I didn't want to pay the disposal fee at the tire shop, I was shocked anyone cared that much.

But that too was an appearance thing.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Now that I think about it I have some old rough tread 8-19.5 tires on the wheels that go on my 52 1 ton when I get to it.
three look alike and the one i can see without moving the rest says "dual bite HD" or something like that. Another one is a B.F.Goodrich with an almost identical tread pattern.

I had planned to run them on my 1 ton until I needed to buy new tires. If you're interested I could take some pictures, and if you like them I'd need some good usable 8R-19.5 tires as trade and to make it worth my efforts to dismount these and deal with the whole thing. Ideally I'd be looking for a pair of G171's and some normal street tires for the front.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
I have 1 brand new never been touch G171 . . .

depending on the condition of your Biasply's i might purchase another and trade ya 2 radials for 2 biasply's . . .


Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
I'll try to dig them out this weekend and get some pictures, if you don't hear from me don't be afraid to remind me on Monday.
Thanks,
Grigg

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
No rush . . .

I have the 1 8R19.5 G171 brand new, i will see what i can do about scrapping up 2 good but used steer tires ? ohwell ? . . .

You got them i want them i don't mind jumping a bit on cost to get them but i don't wanna get carried away ya know wink

Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Are these tires for a Red Camo ARMY SHOW TRUCK ? "oh no... here we go again" https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...;Main=45780&Number=333154#Post333154
Welcome back Gomer !


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
Nope they are for the 62' GMC . . .


Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Who's 62'GMC ?? Didn't we go through ALL this before ?


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
Mine Sir, i actually have the title front plate right here with me as i used for collateral when i refinanced my ATV . . .


Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
Cool...Just didn't want anyone to get mislead (like last time) wink


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
I can take a photo of the tag and title if you would like to see it ? wink ?

to put your mind at ease ?

Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 677
LOL ! No need for that... just keep it "real" blush Remember ??? (You know what Im talkin about)
No need for BS here,
Its all about trucks ! Have fun !


Some people are like Slinkies, Their not really good for nothing... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

1951 3100 350 TBI Gallery Toddzilla... "$old"


Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 292
Ok then.

Mike


1962 GMC K3000, GMC-379 V6.


Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0