| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (55shaker, Woodcmiami, Rusted Nut, Gdads51, CuzzFuzz, Still At It, 1 invisible),
156
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,441 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2009 Posts: 110 | I am planning on painting my own door logo and do some minor pinstripping (mostly a line around the cab and another one on the tail gate)on 51 truck...however, I do have a question for those familiar with pinstripping and door logo paint.
I am planning on sanding some of the paint away to aged the logos, and then I am planning on clear coating it all....can this be done? or can the paint from the logo react to the clear coat. I am using a base coat two stage paint and my paint, so far, is coming out very nice.(this is my first paint job ever)but I am now questioning if there is an issue with clear coating the pinstripping....most of the time I have seen it done over the clear coat.
Thx | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 91 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 91 | If you use the same kind of base for the pinstripe and your logo as you using for your paint, and aply the CC with in the window (stated on can) then yes. If your wanting to use striping paint (enamal) for your logo and stripes, then NO. | | |
| |
| |