The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Opelika Tom), 115 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 110
I am planning on painting my own door logo and do some minor pinstripping (mostly a line around the cab and another one on the tail gate)on 51 truck...however, I do have a question for those familiar with pinstripping and door logo paint.

I am planning on sanding some of the paint away to aged the logos, and then I am planning on clear coating it all....can this be done? or can the paint from the logo react to the clear coat.
I am using a base coat two stage paint and my paint, so far, is coming out very nice.(this is my first paint job ever)but I am now questioning if there is an issue with clear coating the pinstripping....most of the time I have seen it done over the clear coat.

Thx

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 91
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 91
If you use the same kind of base for the pinstripe and your logo as you using for your paint, and aply the CC with in the window (stated on can) then yes. If your wanting to use striping paint (enamal) for your logo and stripes, then NO.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0