The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 56
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 56
When I took apart my grill there was a yellowish (faded) plastic pieces between glass lens and running light housing. Can anyone tell me did this truck come with colored running lights and where can I get the colored plastic piece?

Thank you!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Bruce,

What would be the running lights? The head lights?

Presumably, you are referring to the front parklamps, which, I think, would have had clear lenses.

Parklamps were used to indicate that you were parked (and were not to be used when running/driving). That is why the front parklamps turn off when you pull the light-switch full-out (and the headlamps come on).

Here are amber lenses.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Amber lenses were not used in any '50s vehicle. I personally think they look goofy with them. But it's your truck.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 56
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 56
Yes front parking lamps is what I have and they are clear. I'll just put back together with the clear lense. Someone at some time had put these plastic yellow things behind lens for looks I guess.
Thanks for input!

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 129
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 129
I use mine for turn signals, but if the cops ever give me grief about the color I'll probably just find some yellow bulbs for them.



Ed Miller
'58 Apache short Fleetside half ton Napco
Falls City, OR

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,201
That's what I did too. I installed a 1157 bulb holder and used yellow bulbs for park/turn lights


1953 Chevrolet 3600
Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Caution: Political Statement
Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0